Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe on START UP

• Please log in to reply

jazzy56

jazzy56

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
This pops up on start up in a blue box.

"sed" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file .. Then a long line of GREP not recgonized etc etc.

This pops up on start up last about 10 sec and disappear. It is a blue box with system
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe on top. How can I remove this

Also cannot access system restore. HELP

Edited by jazzy56, 02 May 2009 - 12:10 AM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hello, What forun should I post to? I do not know what topic or description to use. I have run all under malware and have all 3 logs ready to post>> is there anyway to delete the private things about my computer after this is finished. Thanks and your help is appreciated.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE
Start a new Topic
Include the requested Logs in your first response.
The malware forum is busy so it may take awhile for someone to get to you. If it has been 3 days then post in the Waiting Room with a link to your topic.

I'm not sure what private information would be included in your logs. Please let us know

Edited by rshaffer61, 02 May 2009 - 07:25 PM.

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Thank you, I posted under Malware liting the logs I ran. Personal info meant my name or photo names.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No photos are shown except those you attach to a reply. GTG won't ask for personal photos or personal information as that is not used for the purposes of troubleshooting any issue. Your name will appear in some logs but nothing that can be used for any good. GTG isn't looking for that but only a way to assist you in resolving your issue.
I hope this answers your questions and if not please ask and I will try to answer. If I can't I can get a Administrator or Moderator to join and explain if that would help.

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Thanks, I am no longer concerned. I just hope my problem is fixed as fast as your reply. This is a great site. Many thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The Techs in Malware forum are specifically trained to do nothing but that. They are experts at what they do. That's why they are so busy. They will continue with you till they get you cleaned. :)