Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Boot and Performance

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

YES! I'm on DMA Ultra 6 and DMA Ultra 4 for the two primary drives now. A very notable performance boost. I'll ask my uncle if he has my windows cd so I should be able to get that done this weekend.

:) you should still run chkdsk /r though

Edited by happyrock, 07 May 2009 - 07:44 AM.

Advertisements

madnessman

madnessman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
it's running now. 80% of phase. phase 4 is going really really slowly.... if my drive reverts to PIO should I replace it?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...but backup all your data first...then I would try to clone the drive to another new drive...

madnessman

madnessman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i haven't found my windows cd yet but am i done (besides running that registry check with the windows cd in my drive)? i just do that and my computer should be fine right? it's running alright now. i just don't see any alerts or notifications for some reason (like any of those windows alert popups or balloons that appear in hte task bar).

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...but if the drive reverts to PIO MODE...then you should replace it...you should be real diligent with your backups though