Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot visit Micro$oft websites

• Please log in to reply

David Wang

David Wang

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, guys,

Recently I bought a new eee pc. It is connected to the internet via a wireless router, which provides wireless coverage at home and is wired to local ISP.

A very strange thing happened. I cannot visit micro$oft websites, though other websites, e.g. Google, is O.K. I did the following with the results marked.

1) Connect microsoft via an anonymous web proxy - O.K.
2) Start computer in Safe mode with networking support -O.K.
3) Switch to normal after 2) -----NOK
4) Access Microsoft from my partner's laptop, which is also wireless connected. ---O.K.

Installed HijackThis. Have ran it in both safe and normal mode. The log files are attached. Please help me. I have tried almost every solution (including the ones from microsoft) without success. It is such a pain in the [bleep]!

Gurus, please look into the log files and give your opinions. A Big Thank!

David

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
I don't want to jump the gun, but wasn't one of the signs that you had Conficker not being able to access certain websites like M$? Can you go Symantechs website?

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Did you get this issue resolved?

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Arrrgh! I hate it when someone comes on with an interesting problem and then vanishes....

Cakk

Cakk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
If you come back check this website.

http://www.columbia....cfeyechart.html