Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I try to delete file, but get "Not enough quota is available to p

• Please log in to reply

atl123

atl123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A little background.

I have an external soundcard that I use for recording music. Everything was working fine. I installed another external soundcard that has a different application just to try it out. I plugged it in yesterday (USB connection) after the computer was already on. The computer immediately shutdown and restarted. Really strange.

Then I noticed that my original external soundcard could not play audio any more. This was because it was no longer an option under the sound and audio devices on my control panel menu. The computer still recognized the soundcard but could not use it. (the wdm or wmd driver had a "?" on it when I looked it up).

So I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it kept giving my errors about a particular file in my current "broken" drivers.

So now to my point,
I think I have located this broken file in the driver/soundcard installation folder. But I can't delete it. I can't do anything with it, because I get an error that says, "Cannot delete pae_avs: Not enough quota is available to process this command".

I have increased page memory, virtual memory, and quota's are not even allowed on the drive. I have run out of ideas. How can I fix this?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try Safe Mode.

Try Unlocker: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
It'll give you an option to delete on boot.