Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unknown Virus, unable to access internet, and transfer files via jump

• Please log in to reply

Ignoraceisblis

Ignoraceisblis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all!

First off, this thing is one of those classic little red circle with the white x on the tray. So i did what i normally do, run my antivirus, etc etc.

So i did that, and i cant recall what i removed, but it was some sort of a win32/cyptor, and it infected my userinti.exe, so i deleted the little [bleep], and used the system restore disk to expand it back in place. Ran anti virus in safe mode, and found 2 trojans in my temp internet files,deleted it. Then it disabled my system restore, and my task manager. So i went thru my regedit's looked through the task manager, saw the "disable" changed it, got my task manager back, modified the DisableSR, and made it 0. Tried to system restore, but when you select the date, and it tells you its preparing to if you click next, it wont do anything. It also messed with all my display options for my background, it had the typical WARNING YOUR INFECTED and it kept opening firefox to some website for a freescanxpp.com i think.

I dont have access to the internet on that computer now, the webpage wont go back to the original pop up, and i cant transfer files. So this little punk did some good work on my computer =(

Any ideas :)

Advertisements