Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgraded Graphics card, no DVI input? Please help!

• Please log in to reply

BigB03

BigB03

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I have had this problem for a while and just stumbled onto this site hoping it can help.

I recently upgraded my computer's graphics card and power supply so that I could get the full experience through games.
Upon getting my GTX 260, core 216 I put it into my computer and started playing. It worked great!.. for an hour.

While I was in the middle of a game, it froze. I shut it off and tried turning it back on, well it wouldn't turn on.

So I took the card out and gave it to a friend so he could try it, worked like a charm. I then tried a different monitor, nothing.
The PSU is fine, it's a 650w so I know that isn't a problem.

When I plugged my VGA cable into my integrated graphics on the motherboard, it works great, but if I plug into the integreated DVI, nothing.

I have flashed the bios, made sure the RAM was ok (by taking one out and seeing if it works), tested the PSU, I know everything is fine since i can run on VGA but I can't run on DVI!

My monitor has VGA and DVI cables, I don't have any adapters =/

Motherboard: M2N78-la
Proccessor: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
Graphics card: GTX 260 Core 216
PSU: Corsair 650w
Ram: 5gb RAM
Monitor: HP w1907 Wide LCD Monitor.

Please help! Thank you!

Advertisements

baula

baula

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
you just forget to mention about cooling system for your computer. it could be anything. do you see on event viewer what programe cause the problem. in many case it helps a lot.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in XP. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue.

Go to
Start and then click on Run and 2: Type in eventvwr.msc
Press Enter
On left side click on Applications On right side look for any RED X about the time of a incident
On left side click on System. On right side look for any Red X about the same time of a incident
Also look for any yellow exclamation mark at the same time in either of the above
If you find any double click on one at a time and take a screenshot.
To take a screenshot click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start
All Programs
Accessories
Paint
In the empty white area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your desktop

Include as a attachment in your next reply
If your attachment is to big to attach then go to Mediafire .
Register and upload your file.
Then reply with the link located to the right of your now uploaded file on Mediafire

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install[/b and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it {b]Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply