Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Only B00ts in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

Kujati

Kujati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hiya Murray

AGP 8x

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Try the following one and see if that helps at all.

http://www.visiontek...nw/XP8.11NW.exe

Murray

Kujati

Kujati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you Murray.. nw/XP8.11NW loads exactly like the software that came with the graphics card. I started the installation & selected the custom option, I installed the driver leaving the ATI Center installation as in because it's already installed onto my computer. It's now asking me if I would like to restart Windows now or later.... I'm afraid to go any further, It might not b00t into normal mode again & I'll have to do this all over again so here it goes wish me luck.

Kujati

Kujati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'm back & that didn't work :)
I tried running the installation again & selected the recommended option & it still didn't work.. Now I'm getting a little frustrated I do appreciate all of your help :)
any other suggestions??

Edited by Kujati, 04 May 2009 - 03:57 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Go into Device Manager and click on the "+" sign beside graphics/video card. What does that show?

Murray

Kujati

Kujati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
It shows that the device is recognized : VisionTek Radeon HD2400 Pro AGP
Also I'm in safe mode.

Edited by Kujati, 04 May 2009 - 08:34 PM.

Kujati

Kujati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I would really like to understand why this happens every time theirs a power outage. This is very frustrating
trying to use this computer without the drivers installed making the computer animation move glitched.
So here is whats happening, When I uninstall the graphics card I'm able to b00t windows in normal mode but then I'm left without the Hi-Definition the card provides.. I don't have any other cards the old one I had is busted and I've only had this one for 8+ months not quite a year. When I install the drivers using the software that came with the graphics card or the link given to me above.. It ask me to restart windows & when I do it restarts the computer but it never b00ts into normal mode it will still only allow me to b00t in safe mode. That's just about all that happens.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Should have asked this to begin with, but what happens when you try to boot normally?

Where does the boot process stop?

Why does this happen after power outages? Because you are using the system and the sudden shutdown corrupts files/drivers, etc. Have you considered purchasing a UPS?

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 05 May 2009 - 07:28 AM.

Kujati

Kujati

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The process stops after the loading screen that shows the XP Home logo with the status bar loading underneath.
After that process in complete all it shows is a blank screen.

purchasing a UPS? I'm unfamiliar with this particular device, What does it do?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
UPS = Uninterupted Power Supply.

It uses a battery to keep power running to your system in the event of a power failure. That way, you can shut your system down normally.

Murray

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if your having frequent power disruptions ( called events) then you better get a ups to protect your system...
you are risking PERMANENT physical damage to the hardware and one of these times windows will wake up after the event with amnesia and not have a clue on what to do...do yourself a favor and get a good ups
beg ...borrow or buy another video card...unplug your case from the wall and swap the video cards...install the drivers for the new card...
if you borrow the card download the drivers for it and have them on a cd so when you boot up and windows "finds the new hardware" it will get the drivers installed...