Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

desktop display properties takes long to show

• Please log in to reply

nguyenqd

nguyenqd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey i have a pc problem that i just built

1.when i right click on the desktop and click properties it seems to take long for the display window to pop up
instead of poping up right away it usually takes 2-3 second to pop up, i think my computer is fast enough to make it pop up right away

2.one more problem is that, when i use AOL messenger and i move the message window around, it lags and there is a lot of hard drive activity

3. hard drive makes a lot of noise...

i dont know if this is the hard drive problem or anything... please help me

please help me
thanks,

p4 2.8 ghz lga ht
ati x700 pro
512 ram ddr pc3200
80GB sata seagate

Edited by nguyenqd, 10 May 2005 - 01:26 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
enter

any red xs under apps or system?

nguyenqd

nguyenqd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes i see a frew red xs so what does it mean when it has some red xs?? what is xs stand for? thanks please reply

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
you can right click on each red x in event viewer, select properties, and it will show details of the error. You can also sent a report to M$ and view their knowledge base for additional clues as to what it means and possible solutions.