Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with a trojan virus - update...still not fixed

• Please log in to reply

the_mongoose

the_mongoose

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello folks. I dont know a whole lot about how computers work, so bear with me on this please. My computer has become infected and I realy could use some help. I know that it has the following...trojan-win32/alureon.gen!c

How do i get rid of this? Keep in mind that I dont realy know much about how this stuff works, so if you can keep everything as simple as possible, I would much appreciate it.

Here is what I have tried so far. There are a couple of links on this web site that have downloads that are supposed to remove trojan virus'. I have tried to download them, but my computer will not allow me to download them. I click on the download button, and nothing happens.

While using the computer, it will all of the sudden just "lock up", and I need to turn the computer off in order to get out of it. It is most annoying. I have done a search for info on the virus, but I am not able to find anything on the gen c version of this virus. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

the mongoose

Edited by the_mongoose, 04 May 2009 - 06:51 AM.

Advertisements