Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Problems with Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

pcnumpty

pcnumpty

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi

When I access Outlook Express 6 the 'connecting' message appears but nothing happens
i.e. it does not check for mail. When I click on the mouse the eggtimer
appears and the screen freezes.

Clicking on the close button prompts a box to appear saying 'End Program - This program is not responding' the only way to get out of this is to select the 'End now' option it then closes Outlook altogether.

Another box then appears stating an error has occured and asks if I would like to send a report.

Anyone know what's gone wrong and how to solve this problem.

Thanks

pcnumpty

:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run then type sfc /scannow then press enter, you will need the XP CD and when the blue bar goes check Outlook Express.

If no change, go here

Repair OE

sfc /scannow runs with an XP SP1 CD. If you used an SP2 XP CD to install you may be asked to insert SP2 CD so you can order one here

SP2 CD

pcnumpty

pcnumpty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi Keith

Thanks for the response.....

I do have SP2 loaded on my PC therefore I have managed to get a copy of the CD from a friend (I downloaded my version)........

I will do as you state using the SP2 disk and get back to you with an update ASAP.

Thanks again

pcnumpty
:tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Apologies....misread the post

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff