Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply

Deveron

Deveron

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For the second time in six months when I went to open my emails I was greeted by a message inviting me to set up a new account, as if it were the first time I had accessed Thunderbird, and all my emails had disappeared. How can I find these eamils? Are they stored in a folder somewhere on my hard disc? Is this a common problem with Thunderbird? I had been using the program on my old computer for quite some time without any problems.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your mail is located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows user name>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\Mail
You may have more, than one <Profile name> listed.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Your mail is located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows user name>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\Mail
You may have more, than one <Profile name> listed.

Bear in mind Thunderbird mail lives in the above folder by default, it's entirely possible to set Thunderbird up to use a profile from anywhere on the drive. On that basis the storage files could literally be anywhere. Not like Outlook Express which theoretically lets you move the files or Windows Live Mail which doesn't let you move the files.