Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New antispware popups

• Please log in to reply

peeroe

peeroe

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi,

I love geeks to go. You guys fix my computer faster than any hotline.

Anyways, bout 15 minutes ago I started getting popups in both mozilla and ie (I only use mozilla) I do not usually get any popups. I am assuming I have some sort of spyware, but do not know how to get rid of them. One of the popups was for "PC security shield". They are not so bad that they take over my screen or anything, but I get one or two every few minutes. I'm primarily concerned because it is most likely some sort of security risk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Edit: Ok, its now worse. I have an icon in the bottom right of my screen telling me that I have an infection (pretty sure its fake) and cannot put my computer into hibernate with the shift+F1 combo I usually use. Though it might be important

Edit 2: And now it has completely ruined my computer. I have a flashing "Warning" as my desktop wallpaper, and cannot access my task manager, when I right-click on the start bar or go to the ctrl+alt+del screen. Also, if I open the control panel it appears as though many icons are missing, but I am not sure which ones. It is also preventing me from using internet explorer, and most sites I try to access in Firefox are inaccessible. I don't get any error messages, the screen just stays white like it is trying to load. I have to access the internet from another computer, and I don't think I will be able to download any programs onto my infected computer.

Edited by peeroe, 04 May 2009 - 10:01 AM.

Advertisements