I have run through all the steps in the malware and spyware cleaning guide
1.ATF Cleaner 1 gb of stuff removed
2. system restore done.
3. erunt registry backup done
4. Malware bytes which removed a file called windows XP antivirus, I am not sure what is was exactly as well as a few others.
The log is at the bottom for comments.
5. Installed Avast and am running it now
6. Windows updated
7. Reboot is better but still not as fast as it was before.
8. Ran hijack this and removed a few start up programs that may be slowing things and posted a new log here.
Please someone review the logs and let me know if anything else I should do. I am going to now run an avast scan while i await responses.
Oz in cali.