Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger Problem

• Please log in to reply

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
My Yahoo Messenger closes completely, everytime i rightclick the yim icon on the taskbar, try to change my status, or anywhere inside the program, and it displays no error message, anyone know how to fix this problem?

I tried reinstalling, erasing the whole yahoo program file and reinstalling what should i do?

Edited by itz_ya_bwoy, 10 May 2005 - 03:43 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you checked for adware and viri?
please check this post for more info

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
those are not the cause, Ive just reinstalled xp about a week ago and Ive had the problem as soon as I installed Yim

and yes i checked

Edited by itz_ya_bwoy, 10 May 2005 - 03:48 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to your event log and check to seek if there is anything about yahoo listed there.

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
how do i do that?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
control panel, administrator tools, event viewer. it has 3 catagories. we are interested in the system and application. anything with a yellow or red mark next to it.

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok, nope it says nothing about yahoo in that

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
anyone know what to do?

wondering_dude89

wondering_dude89

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow, that's weird..same exact problem with mine too...I have no spyware or anything like that either...anyone have any suggestions?

Tomzo

Tomzo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I ran ADaware SE on My computer. after that day, my yahoo messenger hasn't been working at all. I can't use any other chat programs either. it just crashes on me when ever i try to join a chat room or open a message box.

i've also had to replace the richtx32 something file which i got by extracting a richtx32.cab from microsoft. can someone please help me ?

Advertisements

zinkywinks

zinkywinks

• Pip
  • 5 posts
EXACT same thing! just checked my event viewer, nothing about yahoo, no spyware, no nothing... just crashes same thing the first guy said! it's sooooooo annoying!

zinkywinks

zinkywinks

• Pip
  • 5 posts
wow, i think i found the fix... at least for me... and pretty easy...

IF YOU USE WINDOWBLINDS

Ypager crashes or performs an illegal operation on startup or right click
This error occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface.
You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager.
Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.

http://www.helpbytes...blems.php#crash

Tomzo

Tomzo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
well I got fed up with both Ypager and Adaware. Anything free, is just worthless and will never perform. So I formated my drive and installed.

good thing I have a slave HD so I can save documents there.

well I Adaware was the program that destroyed Ypager. I think its because Ypager is a spy-ware of its own I think. I'm not 100% sure, but I think thats why Adaware removed it. Its also possible that Adaware detected Advertisements ran by Ypager as a threat.

many reassons,
no one will understand.

but when in doubts. format and reinstall.
get two hard drives. one for windows and the other for documents.
this way, you can always format and reinstall windows with no fears of losing files.

wondering_dude89

wondering_dude89

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I, too, solved the problem by unskinning YPager within the Windowblinds APP..now it works!! :tazz:

Tomzo

Tomzo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
well for Me I never had a skin on it. So my problem was something else.