Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet stops working!

• Please log in to reply

ReCuRsIoN

ReCuRsIoN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi,

Wife was watching some you tube videos and the net suddenly stopped working. I was out so I'm not sure exactly what happened. She assured my she was using you tube and that's it. I have the router next to my PC which is a DSL - G604T (D-Link). The wireless USB link on this PC which I am using works fine, I can browse the net. My PS3 also is fine, am able to use all online functions with that too.

My PC is connected with an Ethernet cable, as is my PS3. I have tried swapping cables to see if that is the problem but I had no luck. It says I have no connection what so ever and can use NO online functions at all. I have tried resetting the router but the problem must be with my PC.

I have used the malware page and used all software recommended and also given a boot scan using AVAST which did pick up a few corrupted files here and there which have been removed.

I have browsed the internet to try an find a solution but have no idea where to begin.

I f anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zishaan

Advertisements