Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer will not install programs or run some of the existing ones

• Please log in to reply

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

I get an error with application module, I uploaded the window. It has something to do with ccgen.dll, so it won't start the AVGNT.EXE.

Avira seems to be corrupted some how. Best idea would be to unistall it, download and reinstall a new one.

I am still getting the error with javaw.exe - unable to locate dll.

That looks like it was corrupted when it down loaded. Firstly download Java to your desktop from this link: http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp It is the Windows/Vista/2000/2003/2008 online version file size 10MB.

Do not install immediatly. Go to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall all Java items you see. After that install the new one you have downloaded.

Next

Please run chkdsk.

Go to Windows XP chkdsk for some helpful instructions.

Come back and tell me if there has been a change.

All going well we can then go to clearing away the tools we have been using.

Advertisements