Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't display

• Please log in to reply

chasingkans

chasingkans

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am running windows vista on a hp media center E6400 dual core I recently upgraded to IE 8 and was not able to get on the web page www.thehorse.com I then uninstalled back to IE7 but still can't load the page. So then I reformatted my hard drive which needed it anyways but still can't load that page. I called my ISP they are not blocking it, they can access it, friends can access it. I turned off anti virus and firewall and still can't access it. I upgraded to IE 8 again and still nothing. I am at my wits end, I use that site everyday. Can someone please help? :)

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Compatibility view: worth reading, imo.

chasingkans

chasingkans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks but that isn't working either. forgot to add that when i go to www.thehorse.com it takes me to yahoo search where all the pages are but when i click on one it says can't display

Edited by chasingkans, 04 May 2009 - 09:40 AM.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Have you tried emailing the site administrator to see if your IP Address has been blocked?

Admin[at]thehorse.com

Replace [at] with the @ symbol. (spam protection)

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 04 May 2009 - 09:45 AM.

chasingkans

chasingkans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
will try that thanks. but don't understand why i am the only one that can't access it

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Whenever you IP address gets banned, you cannot see the site whatsoever. The best thing to do is to email the admin and see if you are banned or not. Then he/she may be able to help you.

If that comes back as you are not banned, then I will take a closer look at the situation for you!

chasingkans

chasingkans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Woo Hoo! I figured it out. I am using IE8 again and I had to go under internet options, then security, then custom level and enable mixed content. now it works.
Thanks everyone