Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware issues

• Please log in to reply

Supernova95

Supernova95

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I got some great help fixing the malware on my laptop from you guys, and this week, now my primary pc has decided to act funky. I game on an MMO. While in the MMO, everything freezes, Itunes lags, ventrillo lags, etc. Intermittently I get the BSOD, with different errors. Without the game running, I have about a 25% chance of restarting my pc normally. The other times I get bsod and the most recent error has been bad pool header. Device manager has no errors. Here is my system set-up:

Hp a1730n
AMD 64 x2 dual core 4600+ 2.40 GHz
2gb ram
32 bit
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE
Vista Home premium

This pc is store bought and no add ons. I also get an occasional system fan failed message for about a year now. I have narrowed it down to the fan on the back on the case, but it's running still. Not sure why it tells me the fan has failed if they are all both running. Again no errors in the device manager screen. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.

Supernova95

Supernova95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I ran disk clean up so I only have one file.

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
The error comes from npkcusb.sys.
It appears to be a part of antihacking tool made by INCA Internet Co., Ltd.
It seems to be used by number of on-line games as a protection feature.
Your best option would be to contact the gaming site.

Supernova95

Supernova95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the info, I don't know if you have ever dealth with ncsoft, but getting tech help from them is going to be next to impossible. I will see what i can get done, thanks for your time.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)
Check their forums, if they have any.