Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer shutts down when playing games

• Please log in to reply

Mkkl

Mkkl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well no i'm not trying to get the secret answer. I'm just trying to get a solution first before spending 80 bucks on a PSU that may not be the problem. But i'll try to get one that I can borrow.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I can understand that, of course.

If you feel it may be an IRQ conflict, have a look in the BIOS and check out the IRQ settings.

Also have a look at the properties of your hardware under Device Manager and see if there are any reported issues.

Mkkl

Mkkl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I don't wanna give anymore useless info, and I know software isn't the way to check voltages. But in both Dual Core Center and Speedfan it says that the 12V line only gives 9,95. Although in the BIOS it says 12,05... or is the BIOS more trustable than the 2 programs?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Both of them are monitoring programs, I personally wouldn't put one over the other. The fact that they are different, though, still points me toward the PSU.

Edited by Troy, 15 May 2009 - 12:22 AM.

Mkkl

Mkkl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Turned out to be the PSU.
Just as you said.
I bought an Antec True Power New 750 watt.
Haven't got any problems for 2 weeks now.
Thank you very much voor all your reply's
Topic can be closed if necessary.

Michiel.