Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD when accessing network

• Please log in to reply

WhydoIask?

WhydoIask?

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
When opening a network folder or printing on a network printer, I get the blue screen of death.
Some things I see on the screen are:

NO_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS

STOP: 0x00000035 (0x85b6b868, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

After looking around the internet some, I found several things that could be wrong. One was that "the IRP stacks aren't big enough" and need to be increased. I have tried increasing these, but it didn't work.

Another problem could be with antivirus programs. Apparently, this could happen if more than 3 antivirus programs are running. This somehow messes something up, and you get the BSoD.

I have a hunch that my problem is with antivirus, as I CAN work on a network normally with no problems AS LONG AS my antivirus (Kaspersky internet security) is disabled. and I know that at least one of my formerly installed AV programs had a problem uninstalling (mainly Spybot S&D.) Also, I have no idea if anyone else has Kaspersky, but if you do, you might have heard of a problem with AVG still being "detected," even though it has been uninstalled. I had to use the command prompt to start the KIS install without the check for other antivirus, although my blue screen problem didn't start until last week, and I have had KIS for about 2 months.

So how can I fix this?

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Try this Microsoft Hotfix

Worth reading

WhydoIask?

WhydoIask?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Okay, some problems with the hotfix:

when running in compatibility mode for XP SP2, it says I have too low a service pack

when running normally, it says I don't have enough space (I have 40 GB free.)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
If you had AVG previously installed, try to run AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/download-tools to get rid of any leftovers.

When done...
Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save As, and save AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
Attach the file to your next reply.

WhydoIask?

WhydoIask?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Here it is, and I'm still having those problems with the hotfix.

Attached Files

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
To start with, your computer is infected, so....

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

WhydoIask?

WhydoIask?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I'll hold off on the post in the malware section, the cleaning guide seemed to have fixed the problem. I can explore my network freely.

But I haven't printed on the "problem" printers yet, so I still have to double check

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Very good :)
One less guy to bother busy malware guys...LOL