Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vongo uninstall

• Please log in to reply

Robert313

Robert313

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Amongst other problems on my computer one of them is after I uninstalled the vongo application, one I never used in 2 years, on start up I get thousands of error popups that say "can't find vongoplayer.exe" any ideas?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything that references Vongo and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we know it was in startup

Post back with the results

If that doesn't work then repeat steps except go into the Services and look for references to Vongo

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 May 2009 - 08:38 PM.

Robert313

Robert313

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks I will check that out later and see what happens!

Robert313

Robert313

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok this worked. Thanks for the help!

Steph4246

Steph4246

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot uninstall vongo. It shows up everytime I try to get access to the internet ever since I did a recovery to my computer. I never even downloaded it at any point when I first got my computer. I had the computer in run and typed in msconfig and found that vongo was in my startup, not under the services tab. It said something about being an administrator to uninstall. I don't know much about computers so I don't know what to do next. Also, if anyone has the address or phone number of the makers of vongo I would appreciate it. It is unacceptable for this to happen when I never even asked for, let alone downloaded this program. Thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: Steph4246

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: Robert313

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible