Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting a generic host win32 process error

• Please log in to reply

jake78613

jake78613

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Howdy all!!

I just joined and I have to ask this question, but I think I know the reason.

I have 3 pc's one is wireless the other two are desktops running to the router.

On all 3 PC's I run firewall, antivirus software and every other day I run / update AdWare and Spybots S&D software.

So that being said, all 3- pc's are on SP3

Lately I been getting a "generic host win32 process" pop up window. It does not crash the pc or asking to shut down. It does it to all 3 of the pc's

I ran the generic host win32 process patch that is provided at Microsoft. It worked for a while then it the generic host win32 process message comes back.

What I think it is, I recently puchased a HP wireless printer (all in one) and I installed their software onto all 3-pc's. Ever since that I got the"generic host win32 process error".
Sad to say, on my gaming PC, which is lightly used for internet is not really ever on and I build that PC and it got that darn message.

Any idea if it could be the HP printer software that causes it?

I think since the patch update, the two desktops ; I never did a print work now those two do not get the error.

But now my laptop is crazy mad popping up w/ the generic host win32 process message since I did a print out wireless from it to the printer.

Any idea if this would cause it.
From what I know, the two desktops since I have not made any print request there are no errors on it.

Ideas? Sorry for the long rant :)

Edited by jake78613, 05 May 2009 - 06:17 AM.

Advertisements

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
is spybots teatimer on?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and then scroll down to this heading

'Windows XP, 32-bit versions
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center"
and download and install the hotfix for your problem.

jake78613

jake78613

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Go HERE and then scroll down to this heading

'Windows XP, 32-bit versions
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center"
and download and install the hotfix for your problem.

That's the one I did :)

I really think it is the HP printer software that was installed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Uninstall the software and see if the error is gone. It may just be a corrupt install. It won't hurt anything and a easy way to make sure if it is the printer drivers or not.
Since we are basically dealing with the laptop at this time you can do everything with it. Once the fix is finally discovered then you can do it to the other 2 systems if it starts. :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Check here: http://www.troublefi...chostexe-error/

jake78613

jake78613

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok - here's what I did.

I ran MSconfig, to basically remove HP printer / monitor software that automatically loads up when it's on.

Since the reboot and taking that off, the problem of the "generic host win32 process error" does not come on like it did ever hour or so.

I think until I press "print" on the HP software, the generic host win32 process error will come back if it is active on my desktop (running)

Amazing, maybe HP software is spam / spyware??!! :)