Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registrydefense registration problems

• Please log in to reply

crystlbrdg1324

crystlbrdg1324

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I downloaded registrydefense and it scanned my computer, but get a message that there was a jitbugger? problem and I can't register or get a license key. Can you help?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not sure what you mean by you can't get a lic or register it.
The use of any type of registry cleaner is not recommended by GTg as they have the potential of causing more harm then good.

crystlbrdg1324

crystlbrdg1324

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The people at registry defense actually sent me to this site. If GT doesn't suggest a registry cleaner, what do people use to help make their computer run more efficiently, and how do I get the cleaners off my computer. For example, I signed up for cyberdefense, removed it, but it is still showing up in my searches.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"The people at registry defense actually sent me to this site. If GT doesn't suggest a registry cleaner, what do people use to help make their computer run more efficiently, and how do I get the cleaners off my computer. For example, I signed up for cyberdefense, removed it, but it is still showing up in my searches."

We can go through and clean the system out and make sure you have no rogue programs or a infection that may be causing your issue.

We will need some more information

If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If this is custom then We will need the following:

The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots

In Addition please supply:

Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started.
Any hardware installed\updated prior to problem starting.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you say it shows up in Searches where exactly is it showing up?
If you have uninstalled the program then what you are finding is probably remnants of the program.