Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

McAfee Internet Security 2009 with Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

carloswy99

carloswy99

• Pip
  • 3 posts
We purchased, 8754764061 McAfee Internet Security 2009 with Antivirus - OEM on the 24/02_2009 and installed it onto my pc and worked fine, i turned on my pc today and there was a yellow icon on the mcafee icon so opend it and it said you are not fully protected please press "fix", i done this but nothing happened then a box popped up telling me to unistall and re-install so i uninstalled the software put the cd back into to re-install and just an empty mcafee box popped up on screen with no options to install...... what shall i do? i need protection?

I look forward to your speedy return as worried about my pc not being protected!

K.Regards

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Run this:
http://service.mcafe...spx?id=TS100507

carloswy99

carloswy99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
When i clicked on your link, a box come up in which i clicked run then a few more options, 1, uninstall in add/remove programs, id already done this so moved on to number 2, clicked on this link and it just come up with the "internet explorer cannot display this webpage"!

Any more ideas please?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
http://download.mcaf...atches/MCPR.exe is a direct link.

carloswy99

carloswy99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your reply but sadly the same problem is occuring "internet explorer cannot display this webpage"!, So went on the macafee website it self and went through the options one buy one and got to virtual technical support and just as i was about to run it the same problem happened again, its like any time you try to click on something to fix the problem the web browser just wont let you?

Any more ideas or have we run out ;(

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
Use Add\Remove first, then run the removal tool (attached, zipped)

Attached Files

• Attached File  MCPR.zip   578.99KB   132 downloads