Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to remove Tanatos.M and Heur

• Please log in to reply

chiradip

chiradip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

My computer has been infected by Tanatos.M and Heur. I have AVG installed in my computer. But I dont have any Internet connection for this machine in my home. This macine contains some important files and I dont want to affect them by virus. Even this machine is not connected with other two machines of my home. Some how these two viruses have attacked my machine.

Now the problems I am having with these two viruses,
  • When ever I am trying to open the softwares installed in my machine, like, Flash, Flex, Acrobat Reader, Photoshop, Media Player Classic and many others, they are not opening. When I am scanning these files by AVG, the report I am seeing that those files are affected by Tanatos.M or Heur virus. AVG can heal them temporarily but this is not a good solution. Even some files can not be healed like, Acrobat Reader. So I can not open the file.
  • Few days back I was trying to solve the problem by using Nod32, an offline scanner. It was in my pen drive. After I oppened this file to extract suddenly I found that the file is missing from the pen drive itself.
I have already tried with Bit Deffender, AVG, McAffee, Nod32 and few other removal tools. Please help me.

Edited by chiradip, 06 May 2009 - 12:59 AM.

Advertisements