Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MELTDOWN PLZ HELP

• Please log in to reply

Gallager

Gallager

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
also, another problem im having is the windows key for this cd isnt working so i keep gettin the register windows pop up. tried using the product key thats on the side of my computers for windows but id doesnt work either. Advice?

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

popups for somethin called registry scan pro

This should be malware. Repairing Windows doesn't remove malware, it only repairs the system files. I suggest you go to the Malware Forum right away. As long as you can log in, the malware techs should be able to get you sorted out.

Gallager

Gallager

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
well for one thing when im in windows it wont let me set a restore point. I followed the steps in the malware link. After malwarebytes finished and rebooted the problem happened again. Im at a loss at this point

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the windows installed the same as the windows the key is for? If not then it will not work.
If key is for Home and you put Pro it will not work or vise versa.