Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loss of all audio after moving my dvd to E: drive

• Please log in to reply

edelabra

edelabra

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
This happened recently, I was reading upon articles on how to fix my dvd drive from the dreaded corrupt file or missing file problem.
I used Microsofts Fix it program to help aid me since i really didn't want to play around my registry manually with no prior experience. *note at the
moment i was hearing music from my logitech headset*. I unplug my headset to not interfere with the re-start process and what not and follow through
with the finishing touches. Problem seems to be fixed since my dvd/cd drive was moved to E:/ drive and i was able to play a movie but soon i noticed that
there was "no sound" and thought it was just a fluke. Re-started my computer and followed on removing the cd/dvd drives and nothing no audio anywhere
not even at start up. Call a friend and he tells me that i might have deleted my audio files? I dont think so though for i went into programs/ audio files/ and
boom everything is working properly. I go plug my Logitech headset to see if it'll work and yes, i hear audio on my headset but as soon as i unplug it it's gone.
Checked back and forth and everything seems fine and working properly but idk what's wrong. I have a feeling it's something hidden that's not allowing me to
hear audio, something as simple as unplugging or dissabling the usb driver but not sure if that will do anything rather not mess things up more then they already are
so yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks ahead of time guys.

Running Microsoft Windows XP, Media Center Edition 2002 Service Pack 3
And have Realtek HD audio deivce.
All sound and audio devices are working properly as stated on the "device status".

*UPDATE.. seems that my cable connections from the back where hooked up the wrong way. it was on voice not audio.
Thanks anyways guys, and i'm still donating to keep you guys going strong and keep up the good work.

Edited by edelabra, 07 May 2009 - 06:14 PM.

Advertisements