Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Java applets crash firefox and IE7

• Please log in to reply

lindabun

lindabun

• Pip
  • 2 posts
There isn't really a problem with java itself because some web apps that use them still work. I've just been trying to open games that run on java and open an applet, the new window pops up and then they crash my web browser while loading. I did a short search online and it said to clear temporary internet files or reinstall java. I've performed an update and followed the steps for virus/spyware, including running ATF cleaner. I messed with the internet options for java by checking and unchecking different check boxes. When java is disabled, the page loads and IE asks me to download java, while firefox just loads an empty page. When it is enabled, no matter what internet settings I have, it closes all my browser windows after a second or two of loading. I don't know what else to try.

Edited by lindabun, 07 May 2009 - 03:43 PM.

Advertisements

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
did you try a reinstall of firefox? That may fix it.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

lindabun

lindabun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried reinstalling it, then noticed that all the old versions of java were still there. Getting rid of those fixed it. Thank you for your responses :)