Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Upgrading

• Please log in to reply

shadowsun

shadowsun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, im currently trying to find out how i would be able to upgrade my cpu to the fastest it can take in my optiplex gx 240 I know its a rather old computer but i wanted to see how i would if i wanted to. Ive gone to dell but they were pretty much non informative. I currently have this on my computer. its chipset is intel i845, its fsb runs at 400 MHz it uses socket 478 my cpu that i currently have is
Type : Intel Pentium 4
Internal Specification : Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 1.50GHz
Codename : Willamette
Revision : D0
Technology : 0.18µ
CPU ID : F.1.2
CPU IDEx : F.1.2
Brand ID : 8
Microcode : MU0F122E
when i went to the bottom of pc wizard clicking on processor i saw that the mainboard upgradeability had a supported speed of 3000MHz (or more) and its supported voltage was 1.7v i dont know if it has anything to do with it. I hope someone can help me figure out what it can be upgraded too

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Do you have other specs, or information that can be helpful in helping you decide what to get:

Bus speed of motherboard
Amount of memory (RAM)
Amount of Video memory (VRAM)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go Here for the Specs