Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drive a error press f2 to enter setup

• Please log in to reply

bootcamp1985

bootcamp1985

• Pip
  • 6 posts
plz help me! i have a wndows xp in my computer but when i boot it it say drive a error press f2 to enter setup but i have no floopy disk intalled in my computer! when i enter to setup and fixed the bios and i save and exit my monitor display is black out can somebody help me to fixed this problem?is my video card or my monitor have a problem??thankz!!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
In Bios is there a floppy disk enabled? If so then highlight it and change it to none
Then click F10 to Save and Exit
Verify by pressing Y and then the system will reboot.
Let me know if this works

bootcamp1985

bootcamp1985

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have already done it when i disable the floopy and press f10 my display are black out or totally no display!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you get into windows at all? Is there any other option besides going into bios?
Was there any of the following before the issue started:
New software installed
New Hardware installed
Any Updates done downloaded
Anything downloaded like music or, movies or games

How old is the system
Make and Model
Memory amount
Hard Drive total space and free space

bootcamp1985

bootcamp1985

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i reformat it!!!the altenative solution is to unistall all hardware and cmos battery after a minute i installing the hardware again and its have a display again!!!40gig amount of harddisk!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If taking the battery out and putting it back in is fixing the problem then you may have a low battery.
One of the first signs of a low Bios battery is losing time and Bios settings start to change.

Edited by rshaffer61, 08 May 2009 - 08:16 AM.

bootcamp1985

bootcamp1985

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks i fixed it already thanks for the help!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can I ask how you fixed it? This may help future users who have the same problem. With that I would like to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

bootcamp1985

bootcamp1985

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i just check the hardware of my computer such as v.card memory s.card and cd rom and i fixed the problem by the way thanks again it was a big help!!