Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus infection that I cant get rid of

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
:) Hey there, I am relativly certin I have a virus for the following reasons

1) F-secure internet security 2006 is not working properly, i cant even scan my system with it

2) the program fssm32.exe us running at up to 50percent of the CPU usage (acording to windows task manager)

3) when F-secure internet security is not at all running, fssm32 is, yet fssm32 is part of the f-security program!

4) after a week of the system on the fritz, i used task manager to "end process" of fssm32 in proccesses tab- each time its back in seconds

5) the longer the computer i on, the more progams stop working and the system freezes up

6) when any program fails and it gives me the options of "report error" when i do so, it then tells me that it cant do it

7) randomly a few times F-security has produced a window about a trojan except when i click on window it freezes up

8) it all started bout week and a half ago when f-security found something and asked what i wanted to do, when i clicked on delete it wouldnt do anything and froze up

any one? can you help?

system config: laptop- xp professional, service pack 2, 2002.
toshiba personal computer Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU
T7500 @ 2.20GHz
2.19 GHz, 1.99GB of RAM

Advertisements