Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer (Vista) Wireless Problem

• Please log in to reply

HerpsUK

HerpsUK

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

GF has a Acer 5920, got it just after start of uni in october. She keeps having problems connecting to the network, It either :

* Connects and will not let you browse the internet or connect to msn or anything.
* Connects with Limited or no Connectivity and will not fix its self.

Ive tried deleting and readding them. Restarting the laptop and so on.
Cant seem to find a way to fix this. its driving her mad and inturn driving me mad .............

Quote from the other forum.....

she turned it on and it was connected, but it wouldnt log into msn or go on the net. In Network Connections area(sorry dont know vista) it said it was connected to the network but not to the net (had a red cross between the network and the internet logos).

I got her to ping around and it wouldnt ping outside the network, i got her to ping an internal IP and it came back blank so we used this IP as a static IP, set it up and still nothing......... Asked her to set it back to "automatic" and as she did everything came alive again...........

Very confused by this............ anyone got a decent diagnosise program that i could put on her puter while its got net and run when net aint working? something she could maybe understand a bit as im 70 miles away..........

edit: flushed, released and renewed, still nothing.......... trying evertything i can think of here

Link to another thread about this: http://www.fiatforum...ss-problem.html

All help would be appreciated, shes currently revising for exams and she needs the net.

Thanks

Jonathan

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
The next time it disconnects, try running the command "ipconfig" from a Command Prompt.
If no IP address is detected, then try this article: http://support.micro....aspx/kb/928233

This procedure is necessary with Vista if the router that you're connecting to does not support the DHCP Broadcast Flag (an older router)

PCRuS

PCRuS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I had the same problem with my aspire 5735.

I sorted it out by connecting it with a LAN wire from m PC to the back or my PC. I then programmed it in using the routers homepage.

Hope it worked,

Regards PCrUc :)