Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cyber Snipa USB Headset not working

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok. Gonna try this forum out for a problem I'm having.

I have a Cyber Snipa USB Headset that is giving me fits. I am not able to get the drivers installed at all. It will not work at all. The system that I am installing it on is a fresh build of Windows XP SP3 with all Windows Updates applied. I have the BIOS updated to the most current version. When I try to install the software CD with the headset, I receive an error. In Device Manager, the headset is list under USB Controllers as "USB Audio" and has the Yellow !.

When I try to install the drivers manually through Device Manager, I receive this error"

There was a problem installing this hardware:

An error occured during the installation of this device:
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact hardware vendor.

This headset used to work on this PC just fine. I reinstalled Windows from CD the same way as it was the first time with all the same drivers. No new hardware added. The headset works just fine on my Vista Laptop and again, use to work just fine on this system. I have tried in all of the 6 USB ports that are on the system. It is not attached to a USB hub. That's all I can think of now. Geeks unite and help me get this $70 USB headset working again. Thanks.