Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who Uses ESET Antivirus?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I just installed the trial version of ESET Antivirus. It seems to have Spyware protection as well. During installation it said to uninstall any other Spyware protection programs or it could ruin the ESET install.

Is this true? I went ahead and continued installing it even though I have Spybot Search & Destroy on my system.

Should I have uninstalled Spybot first? Should I do it now or do I still need Spybot? I figured that I should keep it because it provides great protection with Firefox immunization... But I dunno if that would make sense using it if ESET has equal protection as well. I'm not sure it does though because I'm completely new to ESET.

Thanks

Sorry just wanted to update with a pic of what the installer said:
[Read the warning]

Posted Image

Edited by superstar, 08 May 2009 - 09:00 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Eset is Antivirus
Spybot is for Spyware
Two completely different programs for two different reasons

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Also, Spybot is not resident unless you have Teatimer running - it's an on demand scanner. That warning is concerning have any real-time protection running while installing or running NOD32.