Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet, Time clock system networking Help

• Please log in to reply

hpquintero

hpquintero

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I have a small dilemma. I'm a complete newbie :) ... your help will be GREATLY appreciated. I recently bought a Time clock system that uses an ethernet connection to the computer to keep track of clock ins/outs etc.. My problem is that I want to use this time clock system and the internet at the same time but my computer only has one ethernet connection available. How would I be able to connect both my internet (ethernet connection) and my time clock system (ethernet connection) to one computer?

The manual says to use an Ethernet hub to connect it but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that? by the way I have a 2wire from AT&T where I get my internet from (If that helps)

I was thinking of setting up like this but don't know if I'm correct:

DSL--------Connected to ------Modem ------- Connected to----------- Ethernet Hub/Switch ------- Connected to ----------time clock, computers, printers.

Thanks in Advance

Oscar

Edited by hpquintero, 08 May 2009 - 08:52 PM.

Advertisements