Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Drive help for a newbie

• Please log in to reply

techiephobe

techiephobe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, in need of a bit of technical help and wondering if any of you guys and girls could help me

The dvd drive (ide-dvd dvdrw8801) on my computer is driving me mad.

If you put a disc in the drive, it ejects it 2/3 times before accepting the disc.

When you go into My Computer it is showing all the information of the disc (I tried it with a music CD and it showed the title of the CD) but when you try to read the disc a pop up appears asking to burn info on the disc.

If you click on "OK" is tells you that it's going to format the disc and remove all the info.

Obviously this isn't right so I uninstalled the drive and it reinstalled it on boot-up but did exactly the same thing again

I'm running Vista (If thats any help)

Can anyone give me any advice on how to sort it??

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements