Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply

janlaree

janlaree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello, Every time I go into a web page on Interner Explorer I get a box that says Internet explorer Script error Do you want t continue running script? and when I pick yes it does go to the page but it is very annoying popping up on every page I go on. I was wondering if this had anything to do with my Lexmark All in one printer being able to print but not being able to scan or copying. I tried unistalling it and reinstalling it still will not work. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have a look at this link, especially at mehod 1.

janlaree

janlaree

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
When I click on the link it redirects me to a page that says this web page can not be displayed.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I copied for you the relevant part. Source: Microsoft.

Method 1: Disable script debugging
If the only sign of a problem is the error message, and Web sites are working, you can probably ignore the error. Also, if the problem only happens on one or two Web pages, it might be a problem with those pages. If you decide to ignore the errors, you can disable script debugging.

Note If this problem occurs on more than one or two sites, do not disable script debugging. Go to method 2 now.

To turn off the Scripting Debugger in Internet Explorer 6, follow these steps:
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the Advanced tab, click to select the Disable script debugging check box. and then click OK .
To turn off notification about every script error in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.