Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express 6 problems

• Please log in to reply

julie & jeff

julie & jeff

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am not a computer guru so I hope someone can help me in plain language.

Background
Recently we purchased a new PC running Windows XP, IE7, Firefox and Office 2007. The computer guy installed the software and transferred all our data files across from the old PC. We have run virus checks etc and there do not seem to be any virus problems with both the old and new PC's. Prior to the new PC purchase we had upgraded IE6 to IE7 and had no problems. We have only been using Firefox in the new PC.

Problem
The new PC now will not print (no printer options are given when Control+ P or via file menus) when in OE 6. We are able to print from all other applications. Also OE 6 would only spell check in French. We have tried via Control panel and other areas but OE 6 would not allow us to change from French. My husband found a website advising him to try some options and now we can also spell check in English (US) or French.

From reading through the forums and googling questions I get the gist I have to go back to IE6 to solve these problems. Is this correct? If so, as this is a new system I assume I cant just uninstall IE7 I would have to install IE6. I have found where I can do this but do I install SP1 or SP2?

Can anyone help? Is there a quicker, easier solution than this? Logic seems to make me think that IE7 should be better than IE6 but why does it not work properly.

Thanks in advance
Julie :)

Advertisements