Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my battery is messed up

• Please log in to reply

sauravrk

sauravrk

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
my battery doesnot show correct reading of power status. it shows 100% then after sometime it jumps down to 7% and it takes time to reach 3%. then my computer hibernates because i have configured to hibernate in 3%. it all happens with in 30 minutes time. and i had also installed other battery monitoring software those were considered to be competitive in the market. but that also didnt work out. before 2 months i had flashed my motherboard bios with the latest version. i think the problem came after that. or it might be the problem of mother board or it may be battery. do u have any suggestion on how to get my precise monitoring of battery.

Advertisements

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
is it placed in right? and have you tried taking it out and putting it in again?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Seeing that you are in the Mountain Time Zone do you have a Batteries Plus around you that you could take it to and have the battery checked? If not then you might want to consider a new battery.
How old is the battery?

sauravrk

sauravrk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
my battery is 1 and half years old but i dont think it is because of life.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest taking it to a Batteries Plus or someplace that can test it and make sure it is charging and\or has enough amperage\wattage to work correctly.