I'm basing it around the Q9650 (3GHz), with perhaps 6GB RAM (or 8?) and two internal Hard Drives of 150GB and 300GB.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W
- Motherboard: EVGA 790i OR Asus P5Q-E ATX (which one? I heard the 790i is very not newb-friendly)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 OR x2 ATi HD4850 (which set?)
- Memory: 6 or 8 GB (what brand is good? Is 8GB really nessesary?)
- Hard Drive 1: 300GB Velociraptor
- Hard Drive 2: 150GB Velociraptor
- Power Supply: 650 Watt (Enough?)
- DVD +/- RW Drive
- Sound Card
- Network Card
- Cooling Supply: I'm not sure if I'll need extra cooling besides the fans that come with the CPU?
Please let me know if this is all compatible, and whether it'll run okay
If you all would prefer me to post links to the parts, I could do that too.
I just don't have set brands for the non-crucial parts, since I'll be just shopping by price.
Thank you so much!