For a while, everything worked just fine, but now my wireless will sometimes go from a "Local and Internet" Acces, to "Limited." And from that point, I can not use the internet. If I then go to my "Connect to a network" screen and disconnect from my network, it does not find any other networks. When I click on "Diagnose why Windows can't find any networks" then it tells me that my wireless is turned off.
The way I have found to fix this is that every time my wireless cuts out I have to:
1. Go to the control panel - hardware and sound - update device drivers - Network adapters
There are listed:
- Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100
- Realtek RTL8102/8103 Family PCI-E FE NIC
2. I right click on each of them and select "Update driver software..." It always says that the best driver for my device is already installed
3. I restart my computer.
4. Upon restart, I go to the "Connect to a network" screen and select "Diagnose why Windows can't find any networks". It tells me that the wireless is turned off
5. I click "Turn on". It fixes itself and I have internet.
This has been happening for a couple months now, and I'm getting tired of this temporary fix. Any suggestions?