Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Can't copy read-only folder to DVD

• Please log in to reply

kazoobers

kazoobers

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am trying to copy some files onto a DVD for safe keeping.

My Documents folder is read-only when I check Properties. When I try to copy that folder onto my DVD-RW I get a message that says "Cannot copy access (one of my file names): Files on this CD-Rom drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-Rom drive."

There is a folder on the DVD already called My Documents and I am just wanting to update all the files and photos I have added to the folder on my C: drive and copy same folder onto the DVD-RW.

Then I try and delete the folder on the DVD-RW. It won't let me delete because it says the files are read-only.

I went into the Properties of the folder and un-checked the read-only box and went Apply and OK. The next time I went back in it was back to read-only again.

Can someone help me copy my My Documents folder onto the DVD-RW??

Thanks. :)

Advertisement

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
http://www.ntfs.com/dvd_eraser.htm
Erase the DVD, and then write your My Documents folder to the DVD after the erase process.

kazoobers

kazoobers

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
That's awesome! Thanks.

Problem solved. :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You are welcome. Good to see this resolved. :)

Advertisement