Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't copy read-only folder to DVD

• Please log in to reply

kazoobers

kazoobers

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am trying to copy some files onto a DVD for safe keeping.

My Documents folder is read-only when I check Properties. When I try to copy that folder onto my DVD-RW I get a message that says "Cannot copy access (one of my file names): Files on this CD-Rom drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-Rom drive."

There is a folder on the DVD already called My Documents and I am just wanting to update all the files and photos I have added to the folder on my C: drive and copy same folder onto the DVD-RW.

Then I try and delete the folder on the DVD-RW. It won't let me delete because it says the files are read-only.

I went into the Properties of the folder and un-checked the read-only box and went Apply and OK. The next time I went back in it was back to read-only again.

Can someone help me copy my My Documents folder onto the DVD-RW??

Thanks. :)

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
http://www.ntfs.com/dvd_eraser.htm
Erase the DVD, and then write your My Documents folder to the DVD after the erase process.

kazoobers

kazoobers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
That's awesome! Thanks.

Problem solved. :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
You are welcome. Good to see this resolved. :)