Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavillion zd7000 will not boot up

• Please log in to reply

keynoteman

keynoteman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Specifically it is the zd7389cl HP Pavillion notebook. OS is Windows XP Home SP2

I tried removing battery, letting it rest and then turning computer on with the Application and Driver Recovery DVD in place. Hoping to start in safe mode I did try hitting F8 as soon as I turned on the computer.

The screen goes directly to a display of thin vertical blue lines in pairs 1/8th, seperated by 1/4'', margins in the 15" x 9" screen are 2-1/4" left and right and 3/4" top and bottom. This blue line display lasts 20 seconds cycling with a pure black screen that lasts 5 seconds. This cycle continues indefinitely. Just before the blue line screen returns a small cursor flashes once about 3-1/2 inch over from the left and down about 2-1/2 from the top putting it in the blue line display area. I think I have seen the cursor in the far upper left part of the screen, but rarely.

If my problem is too specific to be of general interest anyone who has an idea on how to repair the computer may call me at 1-800-2KRAMER = 1-800-257-2637. Thanks, Bob Kramer

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I would suggest that you post over in the XP forums (located here: http://www.geekstogo...2003-NT-f5.html ) for some more OS specific assistance.
Also, it's generally not a oood idea to post your phone number or email address in the open forums - you'll end up with more SPAM than you can handle!