Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing SQL Server 2000

• Please log in to reply

deovin

deovin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I need to remove SQL Server 2000 (Developer Edition) and want to install MySQL. Can I have both on my system without conflict? I have been told that even using Windows XP removal tool that there could be some real problems trying to remove SQL Server 2000. Is this true? If so what is the best route to take in removing SQL Server 2000? Thank you for any help you may offer.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would not leave them both on your computer, but as far as removal, the add/remove software applet lists it, does it not?

You can safely remove it from there

deovin

deovin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My IT guys at work and at home where I get my laptop serviced say I will have issues even if I use XP's removal tool. I have a small office network at home and I have backed up my system w/ Ghost. Have you not seen problems with the removal of SQL Server 2000? I have been told that SQL Server 2000 gets really wrapped up in your system over all and it is best to just re-install XP and your software. However, my drive is partitioned and it seems like a lot of work I would rather not do if I don't have to. Are you sure that I can just use the Add/Remove tool??