Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repaired PC, need help

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

"Cannot Install Intel Graphics Driver On Current Graphics device"
I should switch video drivers in device manager?"

Actually, leave this one alone for now since you're using video card.
All drivers installed, no more errors in Device Manager except for Video Controller?

Advertisements

Beta55

Beta55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

"Cannot Install Intel Graphics Driver On Current Graphics device"
I should switch video drivers in device manager?"

Actually, leave this one alone for now since you're using video card.
All drivers installed, no more errors in Device Manager except for Video Controller?

The Video Controller Shows in Display adapter now like last time (Maybe I should disable it), although you helped me a lot, only one of my problems were fixed. Im not belittling what you did, you also fixed many other problems I may have in the future.

But yeah,
My Bottom Right Sidebar Icons are blurry,
My Start Button gets cut off at the bottom when I try to change Appearance settings,
Windows Office 2007 says I need a newer version of Windows when I insert it,
The start menu is to wide,
When I change my resolution the "welcome" menu when windows starts up basically remains the same,
The Right Click Menu Font is too Big,
I'm wondering if I can get my Mozzila Fire Fox Password, history, favourites, etc info back,
When I go into documents words under other documents overlap document icons under them,

If you have any idea how to fix these problems please, throw it all at me.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run, type in:
winver
Click OK.
What Windows version does it report?

Where did your friend's Windows CD come from?

Beta55

Beta55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Go Start>Run, type in:
winver
Click OK.
What Windows version does it report?

Where did your friend's Windows CD come from?

No Idea.

I noticed don't have the latest Service Pack, I don't even think I have SP1, I'm going to try and get it downloaded.
Nvm, I'll just get Windows Update and that should get me the Service Pack, I'll tell you my results after.

Wow..... This amazing....
Windows Update doesn't support Mozzila FireFox and The New Windows Explorer 7 required to Install Windows Update doesn't support my Windows Version....
But it says I have Windows Exploror 6, I don't get it?

Edited by Beta55, 11 May 2009 - 05:29 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Yeah, install all updates, including SP2, which gives you firewall. Right now, the computer is exposed.
After that....if you still have problems...
Your video card may be bad. Try to remove it, and employ on-board video.

Beta55

Beta55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Yeah, install all updates, including SP2, which gives you firewall. Right now, the computer is exposed.
After that....if you still have problems...
Your video card may be bad. Try to remove it, and employ on-board video.

Combo Fix basically compensates for lack of firewall as of now
And
I have a question, does on-board video usually take up a PCI slot or is it attached onto the motherboard.
I remember taking something out that looked like a GPU and wanted to install it on my friends PC so he could play Halo and nothing really happened to my computer after that...
Oh, and it didn't work on my friends PC either.

Edited by Beta55, 11 May 2009 - 05:45 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Combofix has nothing to do with firewall, and it's dangerous tool to play with, if you're not sure what you're doing.
Your safest option, is to disconnect computer from the net, download SP2 on another computer, and install it on THIS computer, using CD, or USB stick.

Yes, on-board video chip is attached to the motherboard.

Edited by Broni, 11 May 2009 - 05:49 PM.

Beta55

Beta55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Combofix has nothing to do with firewall, and it's dangerous tool to play with, if you're not sure what you're doing.
Your safest option, is to disconnect computer from the net, download SP2 on another computer, and install it on THIS computer, using CD, or USB stick.

Yes, on-board video chip is attached to the motherboard.

Do I need SP1 to install SP2? Cause I need SP1 to install SP3.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You don't need SP1 to install SP2. You need SP1 to install SP3, but SP2 is more important, than SP3, so I'd start with SP2.

Beta55

Beta55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

You don't need SP1 to install SP2. You need SP1 to install SP3, but SP2 is more important, than SP3, so I'd start with SP2.

Ok so I installed SP2 through Windows update so I was able to install Windows Office 2007, turns out SP2 is one of the requirements for installation.

Now my only problems are,
My Start Button gets cut off at the bottom when I try to change Appearance settings,
The start menu is to wide,
When I change my resolution the "welcome" menu when windows starts up basically remains the same,
I'm wondering if I can get my Mozzila Fire Fox Password, history, favourites, etc info back,

But if thats all you can figure out for now, thats ok, you helped me out a whole bunch, I don't think I'll be going to techguy.org for my PC help anymore. I'm getting a new computer anyways. Not a dell :)

Edited by Beta55, 12 May 2009 - 03:22 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

Not after reinstalling Windows.

Regarding your video...
I'd try ti re-seat the card first.
If that doesn't help, I'd remove the card altogether, and switch to on-board video to see, if the same problem exist.

Beta55

Beta55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Not after reinstalling Windows.

Regarding your video...
I'd try ti re-seat the card first.
If that doesn't help, I'd remove the card altogether, and switch to on-board video to see, if the same problem exist.

Ok, thanks anyways, you helped a lot.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)