Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is newcopy_CDA.msi

• Please log in to reply

bill4w

bill4w

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Everytime I boot, I get the following attempting to run but can't:
Newcopy_CDA

It wants me to insert a disc, which I do not have. What is this anyway?

The only way I can remove this headache is using Task Manager.

Help.

Advertisements

kevinf80

kevinf80

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 104 posts
Hi there,

Do you have a HP printer installed?

Kev

bill4w

bill4w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes. HP OfficeJet All-in-one 4315

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and follow the prompts to download the Drivers for your printer. Install them and hopefully that should cure the error message. Please let us know how it works out.

bill4w

bill4w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I tried several times to download the HP Printer drivers and each time I get this:
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What OS system do you have?
Does this happen on other sites?

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 May 2009 - 01:21 PM.

bill4w

bill4w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have XP home.
And the response: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" happens quite often on many sites. But not all sites. This problem has been going on for several weeks. After exhausting research on the 'net', I have not found a solution.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Firefox from my signature below. Then download the file as I just tried it and it downloaded fine. You may have an infection on your system but I'm not ready to say for sure and if it looks like for sure then I'l ask you to go to Malware forum to be checked out.

bill4w

bill4w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank you very much for your help.
I downloaded FireFox and also HP Printer Updates and the problem: "Newcopy_CDA" seems to be solved.
I also have a problem which started at the same time as "Newcopy" started, and this problem is:
I have a number of files on my desktop which contain several or more icons for different programs. But, when I click on the file to open it to display the various other programs, nothing happens. Why?

Edited by bill4w, 11 May 2009 - 06:09 PM.