Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC keeps crashing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ironside

Ironside

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I am at my wit's end. This morning I uninstalled Mcafee and installed Avest. After installation it asks you want to reboot. When you do, it asks you if you want to carry out a full scan of the computer. But I've decided to decline this so pressed to escape.

Normally the little icons come up next to the clock in the bottom righthand corner when the computer is booting, but nothing appears. I've also tried to open some desktop programs, but that is no go. Then after a couple of minutes it goes straight to a blue screen telling you that it has turned out to prevent damage to the PC. I have uninstalled Avest thinking that there may have been the cause of the problem but it obviously isn't.

If anybody has any ideas of how it can fix this problem, I'll be eternally grateful because I'm desperate to get back on the PC.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Being helped here:

http://www.geekstogo...ng-t238492.html

:)

Excal