Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Good Motherboards

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I have recently built a new computer, which worked well for a while, but now, the motherboards(ASUS M3A78-T) bios is messed up and i have to reset the cmos just to boot the computer up. this could be my fault(i have updated the bios), however i have seen some reviews about the bios being a problem, but not until after i purchased it. The point is, I've just about had it with this motherboard. It has great ports, and decent features but i just dont know how dependable it is, and i want to put the side of my case back on lol. So I was wondering if anybody had a suggestion for a good full ATX board that supports AMD Athlon X2 64, has good/decent onboard video/audio, room for upgrading and both sata and IDE ports. And no more then around $150. I know this is asking alot, but any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks. :)

Advertisements

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
I just built a rig for a friend of mine using this motherboard an I had no problems during setup or installation. I always go with Gigabyte for my motherboard when doing a build, unless I find a good deal on an Asus. :)

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813128384

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
thanks. i had seen gigabyte boards, and i thought about it, but i didnt know if they were realiable. but this looks like a good board. Perfect price and good onboard features. oh, but i have one question, does the ATI Raedon graphics cards get better as the numbers go down?

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

does the ATI Raedon graphics cards get better as the numbers go down?

No, the higher the number the better it is. However I believe this only applies with the same series. For example, 4000 series, 4850 < 4870.
Here's a hierarchy chart to help you figure out which video card performs better.

Hope that helps,
Kamille

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Here are some benchmarks for that onboard GFX chip.

http://www.phoronix....i...0_790&num=1

Its not the best, but it appears decent for an onboard chip.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Thanks, this board looks real nice. However someone has helped me try to fix mine. but if it continues to disappoint, this will be where i go.
also, i am going to use this on a virtual computer project for one of my classes. Thank you!
:)