Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver Problems..I think!

• Please log in to reply

lilbugsby

lilbugsby

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! Boy, do I have problems. We just got our computer a few months ago & already have problems. I went to the Problem History Report for my computer & there are 2 things that worried me:
>
Description
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 37.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: IDE\CdRomOptiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7173A_________________1-03____
Setup class GUID: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
PnP problem code: 00000025
Driver name: cdrom.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6001.18000
Driver date: 01-19-2008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 196777745
>
And this one:
Description
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 31.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: *6to4mp
Setup class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
PnP problem code: 0000001F
Driver name: tunnel.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6000.16501
Driver date: 01-08-2008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 126338124

PLEASE HELP!! I have no idea what these messages are saying.
We are unable to burn any CD's because it says that there isn't a burner attached to our computer, but there IS! We've burned many CD's with no problem. Can someone PLEASE help me? I'd appreciate ANY help. Thank you very much!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

We just got our computer a few months ago

Going back to the store is your best option.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Once of the errors is the 6to4 adapter - and this has been known to cause issues in some systems.
To try and fix this, go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
If there are any 6to4 adapters shown, right click on each and select "Uninstall" and uninstall them.
Then check by expanding the category for Network Controllers. If there's any 6to4 adapters there, uninstall them also.
Reboot the system and see if the error message returns (in most cases it won't).

I'd suggest doing the same thing with your CD/DVD drive. Rebooting should automatically reinstall it - and it may fix the problems.
If the problems aren't fixed, take it back to the folks that you bought it from and have them fix it under warranty.