Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

S-Video and the functions need help fast!

• Please log in to reply

Noitora

Noitora

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I am currently in a fiddle right now, i want to use the s-video cable to my tv, while it works and functions i cant seem to be able to have it on the computer at the same, its one or the other, how do I set up both displays to be on?! its for my bible class. ** I want to basically work like powerpoint presentations

Edited by Noitora, 11 May 2009 - 10:05 PM.

Advertisements

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Your video card needs to support it. Assuming you have everything connected as should and your video card supports it, change your tv's video source to s-video, then goto display properties (Right click on empty space on desktop -> display properties -> Settings, then your tv should show as a second display. Then you extend your windows to this monitor and choose to clone display.

If this is a laptop there is usually a Function + Fkey to switch displays.

Noitora

Noitora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I have a ATI x1600 Card, i have no idea if it supports to cloning, using catalyst control, also using a converter for my tv in order to use the s-video

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
when your tv is plugged in does your laptop detect it under display properties/settings?